Monday 9 September 2013

North West Wanderings II

With autumn arriving, I wanted to share a couple of photos from the start of an unusually sunny summer. Back when the sun was just starting to shine, I took a daytrip by train to Chester. I wandered along the river, in front of The Rows and through the ancient ampitheatre, where a Roman foot soldier was giving a guided tour and workers munched on sandwiches among the remains.


I spent a small part of the day thrifting and found a 1970s dress, which has already sold and made its way across the sea to New York. It's funny to think of the journey it has made!

The ruins of St John the Baptist's Church

Me looking awkward in front of the camera!




2 comments:

  1. I love thinking about the "lives" of the vintage pieces I sell. Unearthing a stained and torn dress at an estate sale, washing and mending it, and then sending it off to another country is always pretty neat.

    And great photos! That shot of St. John the Baptist's Church makes me wish I was back in Italy exploring the ruins and generally being a nerdy tourist. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christy. Yes, I really want to go back to Italy and explore the ruins (I've been twice - once as a child and once as a student - but never for long enough)!

      It is fun to think of the 'past lives' of vintage clothing and I enjoy considering their 'future lives' too! It's strange and fun to think about them making their way around the globe and being worn in a completely different place and context. It's a very enjoyable part of selling vintage clothes!

      Delete