Saturday 2 January 2016

Happy New Year and 2015 Favourites!

Happy New Year! I hope 2016 has got off to a good start for you! Elly Maggy Vintage is back open after an extended winter break and there's even been a brief pause in the rain for some photos (an update of new listings is in the works!). 

Looking back over the past twelve months, there have been ups and downs for the shop. As ususal, it's been wonderful sending off vintage treasures around the globe and, this year, I also started stocking more pieces from the decades I've become fonder of in recent times: namely, the 1930s and 1940s. However, the store has also experienced more closures than in past years as I've been spending more time in the U.S. for personal reasons. It is difficult to know whether to shut up shop completely during these times or whether to offer items for sale with quite lengthy shipping delays... I'm not quite sure how to handle it but I'll always update any status changes for the shop here on this blog. In the meantime, as has become a little tradition at the start of January, I've rounded up my favourite sales from the past year. As the shop has been closed for periods of 2015, I've not chosen an item for each month this time but instead compiled my top 12 from throughout the year. Hope you enjoy! And here's to more vintage finds in 2016!

February: 50s / 60s gold brocade wiggle dress / March: 1980s Marc O'Polo trousers / April: 1970s Indian print wrap skirt

May: 40s / 50s chenille evening purse / May: 1940s gingham house dress / June: 1950s batik print cotton dress

June: 1950s novelty print skirt by Pam Foster / July: 1990s denim midi skirt / July: 1950s raffia straw clutch

August: 1970s embroidered tunic / October: 1940s silk two-piece Blanes suit / December: 1940s emerald green wool dress

No comments:

Post a Comment